Friday, August 7, 2009

Wedding Dash!

So I have 3 weddings this week. I've already been to two.
On Tuesday, my cousin Alyssa got married. She is a great girl and so beautiful. She had a wonderful reception! For her sign in book, she had a little photo booth like the ones in the mall and you got to have your pictures taken and then you tape the pictures into a book and write next to it, that way they have all the pictures for memories! I thought it was such a great, clever idea!
On Thursday my friend Josh got married to my my friend Kati. Friend weddings are always so much fun. I am so happy for them as they start their new life together.
Tomorrow my friend Terri gets married to my friend Dustin. I am one of her bridesmaids, so I have been able to help her with stuff all summer. We are excited for her wedding to get here! It will be a fun day tomorrow, even though it will be really long. I cant wait!
There have been so many weddings this summer I dont know what to do with myself! 9 friends of mine have "gotten hitched" and half of them were younger than me. 9!!!
I find myself saying over and over: "You're just 20, you're just 20..." but why must I feel all this pressure to be married so soon? It adds so much stress to a young girls life, and many, if not all, of my friends would agree. Why cant we be like other people and not think about marriage til we are 30? You know, just focus on our careers and getting settled in life rather than trying to do all of it at once. Its kind of an emotional overload, all this multi tasking.
Whew. I'm only 20, I'm only 20....

5 comments:

  1. You ARE only 20. Don't freak out. Live your life.

    I totally understand and agree about the stress. We don't live in the best state to encourage living up the single life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I hate that we grew up thinking that we should be married by now. Ugh. I constantly have to remind myself that I'm still too young to get married :) Hope the last wedding went well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh also, wise words I once heard in the temple: "This to shall pass". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i just let you know keara.. that i want to be married soooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd!!! i'm not going to be until i'm like 103 but.. i just can't wait. which is pretty lame because marriage is a form of slavery. or so i hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooooooooooooooo megan^ in that picture up there. we went to high school together and either her or her twin were in some of my classes. ok. bye.

    ReplyDelete