Thursday, September 3, 2009

SO MANY TOKENS!

The ILP program that we teach through has a reward system. If the children say the right phrase, then we give them little red, plastic tokens. They have little felt bags that hang around their neck that they are supposed to put the tokens in, but they are 5 year olds. HA. Like that happens.
 
So we rotate classes every 20 minutes, and the first thing the kids say as they come running into my class is "Teacher, teacher! So many tokens!!"  And then every child has to come show me their bags and handfuls of tokens before I can get them to sit at our little table.
 
And then throughout the lesson, every time I hand a token out, the kids exclaim in euphoric delight: "So, so, SOOOOOO many tokens! So many tokens!"
 
All afternoon this phrase has been stuck in my head, while pictures of cute little Chinese children flash in my mind, and their accents make me giggle. These kids can be so funny.
 
SO, SO, SOOOOO MANY TOKENS!

2 comments: