Wednesday, November 4, 2009

23

That's how many times I was hit with a stick today.
 
So how did I get in this situation?
 
I have one word:
 
Piñata.
 
I don't recommend having a stuffed animal piñata game while teaching a whole bunch of unruly and boisterous five years olds, unless you are looking for some kind of torture.
 
There I was this morning, unsuspecting and excited while I prepared for today's lesson, reminiscing over all of the childhood memories I have of hitting a piñata. As I sat tying that stuffed monkey to a long bamboo stick, I had no idea that in 30 minutes time I would be cornered by a little four year old boy named Ron, who was blindfolded, walloping a stick, and VERY determined to hit that stuffed monkey. I might add that Ron added eight of those whacks to the "Hit List."
 
The problem was that these blindfolded and dizzy children would follow the sound of my voice while trying to hit the stuffed animal piñata, so as I was telling them to "hit the monkey!" the kids would come right over to where I was standing, brandishing that stick the entire way. I dodged where I could, but I will most definitely have bruises tomorrow.
 
It was still a very enjoyable day. The kids were cute as always. I just have one more word for you: OUCH.
 
Photo: This is Ron. Imagine that running at you with a 2 foot plastic stick. It's a good thing he is so dang cute.

3 comments:

  1. it IS a good thing he is cute! definitely a good name for him. um...ouch is right. that is a lot of times to be hit. though...i wish i could've seen you dodging those swings. were the other kids laughing? but seriously, ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no... pinatas scare me. we always have them at new years, and i think it is truly a miracle that no one has gotten hurt yet. I'm sorry you got hit so many times, that must've hurt. :( feel better!

    ReplyDelete